Mark Jewell, M.D., P.C. Office & Surgery Center
Universal Precautions to Limit Exposure to Covid-19
In order to limit the potential transmission of Covid-19 between patients and employees, Dr. Jewell has developed what is called “universal precautions”. These precautions apply to both patients coming to Dr. Jewell’s clinic and surgery center.
We want you to know that you are safe during your clinic visit or office surgery. We are following CDC guidelines to keep everyone safe.
- For new patients, we will e-mail all registration forms prior to your clinic appointment. Consent forms for surgery and injectables will be completed by patient in the clinic.
- Pre-screening all patients and caregivers (temperature check and health/travel inquiry) (Do you have a fever, are you feeling sick or have you been around anyone sick, have you been traveling?) We want to know that you are feeling well
- If you feel sick prior to your appointment please call our main number to cancel your appt.
- Office surgery patient to complete Covid-19 attestation form on morning of surgery.
- Patients that have encounter with a positive COVID 19 individual must notify the clinic.
The clinic door will be locked please call the number on the door and we will let you in.
When you arrive, we will ask you to wash your hands, check your temperature, and wear a mask.
Please come to your appointment alone or with no more than one adult. That adult will be pre-screened asked to wash hands and temperature check. Please do not bring children. You will be escorted to a freshly-cleaned examination room for treatment or consultation. The room will be decontaminated when you leave and aired out.
For Dr. Jewell’s Staff
The following precautions are performed daily:
- Do not come to work if you are not feeling well, have a temperature, cough
- Take your temperature when arriving at work.
- Wash your hands upon arrival at work
- Wear surgical scrub outfits that are washed nightly
- Wear a face mask at all times.
- Wear face mask and gloves when around patients
- Practice social distancing in the workplace as work duties permit.
- Frequently clean and disinfect work surfaces and exam rooms
- Do not stay at work if you become sick.
- Do not share headsets or objects used near face.
- Do not congregate in the break room or other crowded places.
Leave a Reply