With holiday parties and celebrations quickly approaching, many people are curious about nonsurgical treatments to help them look their best this season. Injectables such as BOTOX® and dermal fillers help many of my Eugene, Salem, and Bend, Oregon, patients look more vibrant and refreshed with very little time commitment for treatment and recovery.
These injectables offer a variety of rejuvenating benefits, but which is right for you? In this blog post, I’ll describe how injectables work and explain why combining BOTOX and dermal fillers often provides the best results.
BOTOX & Dysport
BOTOX and Dysport® are neuromodulators that soften the appearance of “dynamic” wrinkles that develop around your eyes, lips, and brow from years of frowning, squinting, pursing your lips, and smiling. If you’re looking for a quick facial refresh for the holidays, neuromodulators can relax facial muscles and smooth dynamic wrinkles within 2 to 7 days. With consistent use, these injectables also prevent and delay the development of future wrinkles, so you could look a little smoother for next year’s holiday season, too.
Neuromodulators also improve the suppleness of your skin. In one study, BOTOX increased skin elasticity by 30% for the 3 to 4 months it was active.
Despite their many benefits, BOTOX and Dysport cannot repair the sunken, sagging appearance that often comes with age. Nor can they address:
- Lax skin and wrinkles caused by sun damage
- Vertical “marionette” lines or nasolabial folds
- Deep forehead creases
Dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® reduce the appearance of “static” wrinkles and sunken or flattened cheeks by restoring facial volume. These gel-like fillers often contain hyaluronic acid, which plumps skin volume, stimulates collagen production, and boosts elasticity to create a more youthful and supple appearance. Fillers create nearly instant improvement, and they last around 6 to 18 months.
Skilled injectors also use dermal fillers to improve the contour of your face. They can give you the appearance of having higher and more prominent cheekbones, a better-defined jawline, and fuller lips.
Transform Your Look With a Combination
Rather than choosing one injectable over the other, I often recommend having neuromodulator injections and dermal filler injections at the same appointment. This combination gives you the most comprehensive and dramatic results, helping you look lively and fresh for all your holiday celebrations.
Men and women choose to combine BOTOX treatments with fillers to prepare for the holiday season for many reasons. With a combination treatment, you can:
- Address multiple issues at once: You can plump up deep facial creases and soften dynamic wrinkles at the same time, giving you a relaxed, fresh-faced appearance for your holiday photos.
- Extend the life of fillers: Dermal fillers last longer when combined with BOTOX or Dysport. With neuromodulators, your filler’s degradation slows by 42% and its volume increases by 50%. With this extra filler longevity, you can attend your holiday celebrations with a confidence that will extend to summer and beyond.
- Customize your liquid facelift: We all age differently, and the versatility of these injectables allows your injector to contour your face to your specific needs.
- Treatments are quick: You can easily fit a combination BOTOX and filler treatment into your lunch hour, and you can resume your daily activities with very few restrictions.
Want to see how injectables restore a youthful appearance? View our before-and-after photo gallery. If you’re ready to face the holidays with a refreshed look, contact us online or call us at (541) 683-3234 to schedule your appointment.
Leave a Reply