A World-Class Breast Surgeon in Oregon
Learn why Dr. Jewell is the best choice for your breast surgery.Learn More
- Ultherapy®: What It Is and What It’s Not | Part 2 of 3
- The Buzz About Ultherapy® | Part 1 of 3
- Dr. Mark Jewell honored for editing a peer-reviewed supplement on soft tissue support biomaterials in The Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
- Mark Jewell, M.D. presents body contouring research study at the 50th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in San Diego, California.
5 things You Need to Know about MelanomaUpdated May 18, 2012
May is Skin Cancer Awareness month so we thought we would do a follow-up blog post to highlight facts regarding Melanoma.
1. Melanoma is the leading cause of death from skin cancer
2. Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer
3. You are more likely to develop Melanoma if you:
- Have fair skin, blue or green eyes, or blond, or red hair
- Live in Sunny climates or high altitudes
- Spent a lot of time in strong sunlight
- Have had one or more blistering sunburns in childhood
- Use tanning beds
4. Melanoma can appear as a growth or a sore that bleeds
5. You are at higher risk if you have a relative that has had Melanoma
At Jewell District Medical Spa we have a skin care specialist ready to help you choose the best skin care products for your needs. If you have sun damage or you have questions about which sunscreen to use.
Call us today (541) 683-3234
Here is what Melanoma can look like: