A World-Class Breast Surgeon in Oregon
Learn why Dr. Jewell is the best choice for your breast surgery.Learn More
- The Buzz About Ultherapy® | Part 1 of 3
- Dr. Mark Jewell honored for editing a peer-reviewed supplement on soft tissue support biomaterials in The Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
- Mark Jewell, M.D. presents body contouring research study at the 50th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in San Diego, California.
- A Message To My Patients Regarding Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL).
“Liquid Facelifts” – Facelifts Without SurgeryUpdated July 18, 2012
It is inevitable – we are all going to grow old. Regardless of how hard we try, there is no stopping Mother Nature. Fortunately, with advances in cosmetic surgery, we can certainly slow her down. Cosmetic procedures such as a facelift can turn back the appearance of time on a person’s face but not everyone can afford the downtime associated with the recovery from such a procedure. Introducing the “liquid lift”!
The “Liquid Lift” is a non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedure. This approach utilizes commonly used tools such as tissue fillers and neurotoxin injections (such as Botox Cosmetic or Dysport) but with the goal of providing a full facelift substitute for select patients. In the hands of a skilled plastic surgeon such as Mark Jewell, neurotoxins and dermal fillers can be used in conjunction to treat a variety of issues treated by a more traditional, surgical facelift. A “liquid lift” can help by:
- Giving the face (or individual features) a gentle lift
- Reducing wrinkles, lines, or folds
- Bringing back the natural contours or curves of the face by restoring facila volume
- Providing more restful, youthful look
Using tissue fillers and neurotoxin injections together with the goal of lifting and contouring in mind rather than just looking to reduce wrinkles has been a monumental step for cosmetic surgery. This new technique for using injectables allows for a close substitute for a full facelift procedure as an outpatient procedure.
While this new approach is exciting, there are limitations. A “liquid lift” does not address all of the concerns normally corrected with a surgical facelift procedure. Some of the issues better addressed with surgery are:
- Loose and sagging skin
- The desire for long term results
- Skin tightening
- Age-related changes in the eyelid region
In order to maintain the results of a “liquid lift” follow up treatments are required. Injectables require visits every six months (on average) to maintain. Each treatment can often be performed over a lunch hour without the need for a lengthy recovery period. You could continue with your day and no one would know any different.
Each cosmetic treatment is unique and specific to the person seeking it out. To find out if a “liquid lift” treatment would be right for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Mark Jewell today. Don’t let time keep you from your facial rejuvenation goals. Ask Dr. Jewell about a “liquid lift” today!