The age defying property of the eyes is one of the reasons that an eyelid lift surgery has become a popular facial rejuvenation procedure among Dr. Mark Jewell’s patients in recent years. The eyes are one of the biggest focal points in one’s appearance. They can express a wide range of feelings, they can attract people to you, and they can even show people wisdom and give away one’s age.
Blepharoplasty (the clinical term for eyelid lift surgery) can help reduce wrinkles, improve drooping, and restore the eyes back to a more youthful looking appearance. While Dr. Jewell has performed many eye lifts to satisfied patients, there are several points to consider before committing to this procedure:
- Eyelid Lifts Are An Age Defying Surgical Procedure: Unlike cosmetic treatments (such as Botox and Juvederm) a blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure and will require time for preparation and recovery to get the best results. Dr. Jewell always provides explicit details on the best way to both prepare for the upcoming surgery and how to maximize healing process. If the required steps are taken both pre and post-surgery, the results of an eyelid lift procedure can be nothing short of amazing. Many patients report that they look and feel years younger and look more rested then they have in years. Blepharoplasty surgery is often combined with other regional procedures such as canthoplasty to reinforce the lower eyelid and lateral brow lift to raise the eyebrow.
- The Eyelids Are Just One Area Of The Whole: While an eyelid surgery can certainly yield some amazing results, it may not complete the full transformation some patients looking for. Dr. Jewell has had great success combining a blepharoplasty with other treatments such as: injectables (Botox or Juve’derm), chemical peels, laser resurfacing for the skin, a facelift, or a brow lift.
- Results Don’t Happen Overnight: Since a blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure, healing time is needed before seeing the best results. Some swelling may be present which should diminish within a week to 10 days. You will need to rest and follow the recovery steps provided by Dr. Jewell in order to properly heal. Don’t try to rush. With a little patience and proper recovery, you’ll see results within a couple weeks of having your eyelid lift surgery.
- Eyelid Surgery Is Not For Everyone: While you may have wanted younger, more rested looking eyes for years, there are certain conditions that make eyelid surgery impractical for some. Eye related issues, such as dry eye syndrome, cause too many complications, making a blepharoplasty not the best option. Being prepared for this possibility (no matter how slight) and being open to other alternative rejuvenation techniques, can help ensure a positive experience at your consultation with Dr. Jewell.
- Be Aware That All Surgery Comes With Risk: While cosmetic surgery has made significant gains in the past decades, all surgical procedures come with some risk. Dr. Jewell has years of experience providing the highest quality plastic surgery services to thousands of patients. Although sometimes unforeseen issues, such as genetics or external factors, may complicate matters slightly. Dr. Jewell will discuss what to expect and the best ways you can avoid unwanted complications. While the chances may be slight, it is always important to keep this fact in mind.
Understanding as much as possible before your consultation will better prepare you for your meeting with Dr. Jewell and will help you set reasonable expectations for the results of your surgery. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jewell and to find out more about the blepharoplasty procedure.