Breast Surgeon in Oregon
You may be surprised to learn that one of the world's preeminent authorities on breast implants and breast augmentation practices in Eugene, Oregon. Dr. Mark Jewell travels nationally and internationally to educate other plastic surgeons about the most recent advances in breast enhancement.
Why Dr. Jewell is the Best Choice for Your Breast Surgery
- Decades of Experience
More than 35 years of experience performing cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery
- Pioneering Research and Innovation
22 years of clinical research with silicone gel breast implants for both Allergan and Mentor
- Exceptional Technique and Aesthetic Results
Customized procedures using state-of-the-art devices and advanced surgical techniques
- Respected Authority on Safety
Co-chair of Breast Implant Task Force that led to FDA re-approval of silicone gel breast implants in 2006
- Extraordinary Educator
One of the most sought after educators, researchers and speakers among breast surgeons
An Experienced Leader
In 2015, Dr. Jewell became only the 5th individual in the nearly 50 year history of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to be given the Leadership Award. It represents the highest level of achievement and recognizes a member who shows exemplary leadership, service, creativity, and dedication to the sub-specialty of aesthetic plastic surgery.
I've dedicated myself to finding ways to get the best results possible by improving surgical techniques.
— Dr. Mark Jewell
Dr. Jewell's reputation for being at the leading edge of breast surgery has led to his participation as a clinical investigator for both Allergan and Mentor silicone gel breast implant studies that led to FDA approval. He is passionate about research and has served as an editorial board member and scientific article reviewer for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
...Plastic surgeons cannot simply be end users of a device. Instead, we need to be clinician-scientists, collecting data on a daily basis... That empowers us to make data-driven decisions that improve the quality of our outcomes with all categories of breast implants.
— Dr. Mark Jewell
- Advanced surgical techniques
- Understands the subtle differences among the range of implants available
- Listens closely to each patient's cosmetic goals
- Provides unmatched follow-up care to ensure the satisfaction of his patients
Exceptional Aesthetic Results
Dr. Jewell sees aesthetic plastic surgery as art, and sees each patient's body as a canvas. The goal is to create results that are both aesthetically pleasing and appear natural, rather than altered. The improvement in form and figure following cosmetic breast surgery should be harmonious with the patient's overall appearance. Through his approach, primary breast augmentation has evolved into a highly refined, differentiated procedure in which all steps are interconnected to produce best-in-class outcomes.
*results may vary
I had a very, very positive experience from beginning to end. Your beautiful facility made me feel like I was definitely somewhere special. Every time I phoned in with anxiety about the healing or dropped by for a second or third check-up, I never felt like a nuisance. Your kindness and professionalism made this once-in-a-lifetime experience something to be cherished.
— From a thank you note by Sue, a past patient
Safety is a Top Priority
Physicians around the country and the world know Dr. Jewell as a safety expert, dedicated to minimizing plastic surgery risk, with a specific focus on optimal safety during breast surgery.
- A pioneer in the establishment of safety protocols in all facets on plastic surgery; co-chairs the Breast Implant Task Force and is a founding member of the Physicians' Coalition for Injectable Safety
- Authored a safety reference workbook for doctors using injectables, and the chapter, "Patient Safety in Aesthetic Surgery" for the reference book "Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: Expert Consult"
- Taught the first instructional course on patient safety in plastic surgery in 2001
- First to implement Toyota's production concepts in cosmetic breast augmentation to reduce re-operations and improve the quality of outcomes
- Zero infections following primary breast augmentation surgery in 35 years, corroborated by Institutional Review Board oversight studies approved by the FDA
I would not trust my care to anyone else. I have undergone 2 very successful surgeries... The staff are caring and compassionate individuals.
— Elizabeth W., Yelp Review
An Educator and Mentor
Dr. Jewell's influence on colleagues and future plastic surgeons extends from the campus at Oregon Health Science University, where he serves as Associate Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery, to countries in Europe, Asia, and South America. He is a regular contributor to RealSelf.com, a trusted online forum where people considering plastic surgery can get answers from board-certified specialists.
Everything, especially the end result, exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend Dr. Jewell and staff to anyone thinking about cosmetic surgery. Oh, and Dr. Jewell is a pretty neat guy to talk to.
— Etheridgefarms, breast augmentation patient, on RealSelf.com